Sunday, October 26, 2008

2008

So far this year I've carved 2 pumpkins and I have 4 more to carve. (I got a really great deal on pumpkins at stop and shop) I'm doing all real ones this year (as I've done every year) but think I may try fake ones for next year. I hate that you put all this work into them and they last a week... if you're lucky. I have learned a bunch of secrets about how to make your pumpkin live longer.
This is my first portrait pumpkin. This is a picture of one of my bosses. I took the picture and turned it into a pattern... no easy task but I did it. I transfered the image and carved it according to the pattern... Surprisingly it only took about 40 minutes to carve this. It didn't look like much. I figured I screwed up royally. But then I lit it up. wow. it actually looks like her. I'll be bringing it to her school where she can display it there for the week. I've since added her name in a bow across the top of this pumpkin but didn't think it appropriate to post that here:)

I next carved this next pumpkin for my mom. She picked the pattern. I told her... pick any pattern, I can do any of them. I printed and transfered the image. Holy crap. 2 hours later the image was carved. It was hard and tedious, but I did it. Its not quite as clean as I had wanted but overall I think it came out OK.
This next pumpkin was more then a joke then anything else. After carving moms pumpkin, I asked how her other half liked it. She said he loved it and wished he had a Patriots one. Well if that doesn't sound like a request, and another excuse to carve a pumpkin. LOL. As she was talking about a patriots pumpkin.. a vision of a Patriots helmet popped into my head. Wait. I can turn a pumpkin into a helmet.... right? So thats what I did. I bought a little pumpkin... after all, I already carved them a big huge one, and made it in into a football helmet, complete with the New England Patriots logo. Not bad for an hour pumpkin!

No comments: